A Holiday Fire Safety Message

from your friends at COPAKE FIRE “The Home of the Screaming Eagles”

Always………………

  • Keep your fresh Christmas Trees sufficiently watered
  • Keep your Holiday Decorations a safe distance from HOT objects such as radiators, fireplaces, portable heaters and candles.
  • Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to assure they are operating properly and replace batteries as needed.
  • Keep your 911 house number clearly posted for Fire, Emergency Medical Services, and Police to locate you quickly in an emergency
  • Keep chimneys clean of dangerous creosote

Never……………………….

  • Use Open Flame or Candles as part of Christmas Tree Decorations
  • Place discarded Fireplace Ashes in paper, cardboard or plastic containers. Ashes retain heat for several days and will start fires.

In case of a Fire………………

Step #1     When an Alarm Sounds Exit the building IMMEDIATELY

Step#2      Dial 911 to report the alarm

Step#3      Stay Out and gather at a common meeting place,

wait for the Fire Department to arrive… Never go back inside !!!