TOWN OF COPAKE
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town Board invites sealed proposals for the furnishing of all materials and labor necessary for the electrical construction associated with the Highway Department Storage Building for the Town of Copake, New York. This Contract has been designated as set forth in these contract documents, including drawings and specifications, prepared by CPL Architects, Engineers, Landscape Architect and Surveyor, D.P.C., located at 64 Green Street, Suite 1, Hudson, NY 12534.
All such sealed proposals must be received by the Town Clerk of the Town of Copake, 230 Mountain View Rd, Copake, NY 12516 until 1:00 pm on May 4, 2023, at which time the bids will be publicly opened and read out aloud. It is anticipated the Town Board will place the awarding of the contract to its regularly scheduled May meeting (Thursday, May 11th).
Copies of the proposed contract documents, including plans and specifications, and the forms of proposals for the contract, are available for public inspection at the Office of the Town Clerk. Said documents are available by request for electronic download from CPL. Please contact George Schmitt at the following e-mail address email@example.com.
All proposals shall be made and received upon the following conditions, which are more fully set forth in the bid documents:
- Only such proposals as are made and filed upon the forms available in the office of the Town of Copake will be accepted.
- Proposals are to be enclosed in a sealed envelope marked “Town of Copake Electrical Construction for Highway Department Storage Building”; along with the associated contract (i.e. Electrical Construction).
- Each proposal must be accompanied by a certified check in the sum of five percent (5%) of the amount bid, payable to the order of the Town of Copake, or a bond with sufficient sureties, to be approved by the Town Board of the Town of Copake, in such amount, conditioned that if the proposal is accepted, the bidder will enter into a contract for the same and will provide acceptable security, in the form of cash, certified check or performance bonds, or letters of credit, as set forth in the contract documents, for the faithful performance of the contract, within 15 days from the acceptance of the proposal.
- Pursuant to the provisions of GML 105, no bids may be withdrawn unless no contract is awarded for more than 45 days after the opening thereof. Upon such proper withdrawal of bid, the deposit shall be forthwith returned. After award of the contract, all bid deposits or other bid bonds except that of the successful bidder will be returned.
- Upon acceptance of the bid, if the successful bidder fails to enter into a contract pursuant to the requirements of said Town Board or fails to give further security prescribed in this notice within the time noted herein, then the check deposited as aforesaid, and the moneys standing to the credit of the same shall be forfeited to the Board as liquidated damages and not as a penalty and the Town Board shall collect the same or enforce the payment of the bond for the benefit of the Town Board.
- All bids shall contain the non-collusion certificate in a form meeting the requirements of GML 103-d.
The Town of Copake reserves the right, in its discretion, to waive technical noncompliance or irregularities that are not material or substantial, and to reject all bids and to rebid the project.
By order of the Town Board of
Town of Copake
Dated March 29, 2023